Students will have access to hands-on exercises within a virtual lab environment to configure and test policies, manage device and application usage, perform troubleshooting and reporting, and more.
Students are expected to leverage their own mobile device ((iPhone, Android or Windows device) to use during hands-on lab exercises. This personal or corporate-owned should not be sed already enrolled in another Mobile Device Management solution.
This course is designed for IT professionals, systems engineers, server administrators, and Citrix Partners who need to know how to manage, support and troubleshoot a XenMobile Enterprise solution.
- Systems administration – primarily Windows
- Networking – IP addressing
- Subnetting and VPNs
- OSI Layers (including protocols: TCP/IP, SMTP, POP3)
- Web-based technologies – Web Services and .Net
- IT security standards – FIPS 140-2, PKI, SSL, SAML
- Technical components of an enterprise IT infrastructure, including Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, Firewalls and virtualization
- Networking and support challenges for wireless applications
- Manage a XenMobile10 implementation in a traditional IT infrastructure
- Understand the enterprise mobility management architecture components at a high level
- Perform common enterprise mobility management tasks
- Use the XenMobile Server console to manage enterprise mobility activities
- Understand the device enrollment process
- Perform mobile application management
- Monitor an enterprise mobility environment
- Perform troubleshooting and reporting on a XenMobile Enterprise solution
- Get hands-on experience with:
o Creating and deploying policies
o Reconciling users with Active Directory
o Adding, updating, and disabling/deleting MDX applications
o Configuring passcode and restriction policies
o Deploying required certificates to devices
o Adding categories and applications to the XMS
o Enabling encryption and other security settings
o Configuring automated actions
o Preventing access to uncompliant devices
o Renewing APNS certificates
o Enabling access to XenApp/XenDesktop resources for mobile users
o Monitoring updates/patches
o Customizing the WorxWeb User Interface
o Running XenMobile connectivity checks
o Locking or wiping devices that are lost or stolen
o Troubleshooting authentication…and more!
Citrix recommends that students bring a mobile device (iPhone, Android or Windows device) to complete device enrollment and Work-related exercises. This device should not be enrolled in another MDM solution, or would need to be unenrolled in order to use it to complete the mobile device-specific class exercises.