The course prepares for planning, deployment and maintenance of Windows network protection systems based on Kaspersky Endpoint Security and managed via Kaspersky Security Center. It tells about those solutions that can help to protect a network of approximately up to 1.000 endpoints in a single location. Endpoints in this course are servers and workstations running Windows.
The lectures and laboratory sessions provide the audience with the necessary knowledge and skill to be able to:
- Describe the capabilities of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows and Kaspersky Security Center
- Plan and implement an optimal Windows network protection solution based on Kaspersky Endpoint Security and managed via Kaspersky Security Center
- Administer the deployed system
With the ‘LiveOnline’ training method you can participate in official and complete Kaspersky trainings from your home- or office environment. Simply by using your web-browser, you will be able to connect to an event led by a certified Kaspersky instructor. The LiveOnline training concept allows full participation by all students. You will be able to follow along with the instructor presentation, ask questions using the integrated audio system, view application demonstrations, share your applications for troubleshooting help, and practice what is taught using hands-on activities.
- Full-fledged trainings from your home or office environment
- No more travelling- and overstay costs
- Real-time contact with trainers and other participants
- Minimal impact on daily business and – workload
- Direct access to your own Virtual Training Labs and e-Books
- Full-availability of online Practicum Labs during training days
- Most complete and flexible preparation on examination
The duration of the Kaspersky Endpoint Security and Management Fundamentals (KL 002.11.1) LiveOnline training is 2 days.
Naturally, training is taken into account with break times.
Microsoft Windows network administrators, information security specialists, technical support engineers, presales engineers.
Requirements for the students
Basic understanding of networking technologies: TCP/IP, DNS, email, web. Basic Windows managing skills. Basic knowledge of information security principles.
- Kaspersky Security Center 11
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows 11.1
- Kaspersky Security for Windows Server 10.1
Unit I. Deployment
Chapter 1. How to deploy Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business
Chapter 2. How to install Kaspersky Security Center
Chapter 3. How to install Kaspersky Endpoint Security on computers
Chapter 4. How to organize computers into groups
- Lab 1 — How to install Kaspersky Security Center
- Lab 2 — How to deploy Kaspersky Endpoint Security
- Lab 3 — How to create a structure for the managed computers
Unit II. Protection management
Chapter 1. How Kaspersky Endpoint Security protects computers
Chapter 2. How to configure file protection
Chapter 3. How to configure protection against network threats
Chapter 4. How to configure protection against sophisticated threats
Chapter 5. How to control network connections
Chapter 6. How to protect computers outside the network
Chapter 7. What else is there in protection and why
- Lab 4 — How to test File Threat Protection
- Lab 5 — How to configure Mail Threat Protection
- Lab 6 — How to test Web Threat Protection
- Lab 7 — How to test protection of network folders against ransomware
- Lab 8 — How to check health of Exploit Prevention
- Lab 9 — How to test protection against fileless threats
- Lab 10 — Improve workstations’ protection against ransomware
- Lab 11 — How to test Network Threat Protection
- Lab 12 — How to configure exclusions from self-defense
- Lab 13 — How to configure password protection
Unit III. Security Controls
Chapter 1. General
Chapter 2. Application Control
Chapter 3. Device Control
Chapter 4. Web Control
Chapter 5. Adaptive Anomaly Control
- Lab 14 — How to configure Application Control
- Lab 15 — How to block start of unknown applications in the network
- Lab 16 — How to block USB flash drives
- Lab 17 — How to configure granular permissions for USB flash drives
- Lab 18 — How to configure web access control
- Lab 19 — How to configure Adaptive Anomaly Control
Unit IV. Maintenance
Chapter 1. How to maintain protection
Chapter 2. What to do daily
Chapter 3. What to do if something has happened
Chapter 4. What to do from time to time
- Lab 20 — How to configure the dashboard
- Lab 21 — How to configure maintenance tools
- Lab 22 — How to collect diagnostic information
All participants receive an official certificate after course completion.
The Kaspersky LiveOnline course brings complete preparation on Kaspersky exams.
This course is scheduled on 2 and 3 April 2020.
The Kaspersky Endpoint Security and Management. Fundamentals course can be provided in-company. You can contact us here.