This course is intended for IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. Students who seek certification in the 70-697 Windows 10 Configuring exam will also benefit from this course. This course is also intended to provide skills for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians (EDSTs) who provide Tier 2 support to users who run Windows 10 desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment in medium to large enterprise organizations.
- Describe the important new features of Windows 10.
- Install Windows 10.
- Configure a device that is running Windows 10.
- Configure network connectivity for a Windows 10 device.
- Manage storage in Windows 10.
- Manage folders and printers.
- Manage apps.
- Manage data security.
- Manage device security.
- Implement Windows 10 features to improve network security.
- Restore files, roll back drivers, and recover Windows 10 devices.
- Monitor and update Windows 10 devices.
- Module 1: Overview of Windows 10
- Module 2: Installing Windows 10
- Module 3: Configuring Your Device
- Module 4: Configuring Network Connectivity
- Module 5: Managing Storage
- Module 7: Managing Apps in Windows 10
- Module 8: Managing Data Security
- Module 9: Managing Device Security
- Module 10: Managing Network Security
- Module 11: Troubleshooting and Recovery
- Module 12: Maintaining Windows 10
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and DNS.
- Knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles, and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Understanding of certificate-based security.
- Understanding of Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016 fundamentals.
- Understanding of Windows client operating system essentials
This course is part one of the two courses needed to prepare for exam 70-697