This five-day, instructor-led course teaches IT professionals how they can enhance the security of the IT infrastructure that they administer. This course begins by emphasizing the importance of assuming that network breaches have occurred already, and then teaches you how to protect administrative credentials and rights to ensure that administrators can perform only the tasks that they need to, when they need to.
This course also details how you can mitigate malware threats, identify security issues by using auditing and the Advanced Threat Analysis feature in Windows Server 2016, secure your virtualization platform, and use new deployment options, such as Nano server and containers to enhance security. The course also explains how you can help protect access to files by using encryption and dynamic access control, and how you can enhance your network’s security.
This course is for IT professionals who need to administer Windows Server 2016 networks securely. These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments, with managed access to the Internet and cloud services.
Completed courses M20740, M20741, and M20742, or the M20743 upgrade course or having the equivalent knowledge of:
- A solid, practical understanding of networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- A solid, practical understanding of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
- A solid, practical understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization fundamentals.
- An understanding of Windows Server security principles.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Secure Windows Server.
- Secure application development and a server workload infrastructure.
- Manage security baselines.
- Configure and manage just enough and just-in-time (JIT) administration.
- Manage data security.
- Configure Windows Firewall and a software-defined distributed firewall.
- Secure network traffic.
- Secure your virtualization infrastructure.
- Manage malware and threats.
- Configure advanced auditing.
- Manage software updates.
- Manage threats by using Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA) and Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS).
Module 1: Breach detection and using the Sysinternals tools
Module 2: Protecting credentials and privileged access
Module 3: Limiting administrator rights with Just Enough Administration
Module 4: Privileged Access Management and administrative forests
Module 5: Mitigating malware and threats
Module 6: Analysing activity by using advanced auditing and log analytics
Module 7: Analysing activity with Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics feature and Operations Management Suite
Module 8: Securing your virtualization an infrastructure
Module 9: Securing application development and server-workload infrastructure
Module 10: Protecting data with encryption
Module 11: Limiting access to file and folders
Module 12: Using firewalls to control network traffic flow
Module 13: Securing network traffic
Module 14: Updating Windows Server
This course helps to prepare for exam 70-744 Securing Windows server.