The Capability stream is targeted at delegates who will carry out ITIL processes on a day to day basis. The Planning, Protection and Optimisation course covers principles and processes that allow delegates to design and operate services that will align with business needs including availability and capacity requirements.
- Study online at your own pace
- 150 days online access
- Fully accredited
- Includes videos, quizzes, exercises, study guides and official syllabus and sample exams
- Tutor support included
- One exam voucher included
- ITIL Operational Support and Analysis eBook included
- 8 Modules, divided into easy to absorb lessons
- Includes video tutorials, study guides and quizzes
- Study duration: 30 hours mandatory study, also 12 hours self-study with the Service Design and Service Strategy core volumes is recommended
- Delegates must hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (ITIL V3 or later, or ITIL V2 + the V2-V3 Foundation Bridge)
- 30 hours of study via an accredited training solution – confirmed by your course completion certificate
- 2 years IT experience is desirable
- 12 hours of self-study using the Service Strategy and Service Design core volumes is recommended
- Introduction to Planning, Protection and Optimisation
- PPO processes:
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
- PPO roles and responsibilities
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Preparing for the exam
Once you’ve completed your training, you can gain a globally recognised certification with the ITIL Intermediate Exam. The exam is online and web-proctored, so you can take it any place, any time.
You must request your exam voucher within 6 months of the purchase, or, if purchased as part of a package, while your package subscription is live. Once you have requested your voucher, you have 6 months to schedule your exam before the voucher expires. Due to the examination scheme rules, we cannot issue a voucher without seeing a copy of your relevant course completion certificate.
- Exam voucher included
- Exam duration: 90 minutes
- Exam format: closed book, multiple choice
- Exam delivery: online, webcam proctored.
- Exam pass mark: 70% (28/40 marks across 8 questions)
- Exam value: 4 ITIL credits