This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to install and configure Windows 10 desktops and devices in a Windows Server domain corporate environment. These skills include learning how to install and customize Windows 10 operating systems and apps, and configure local and remote network connectivity and storage. Students will also learn how to configure data security, device security, and network security, and maintain, update, and recover Windows 10.
This course is intended for IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. Students who seek certification in the 70-697 Windows 10 Configuring exam will also benefit from this course. This course is also intended to provide skills for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians (EDSTs) who provide Tier 2 support to users who run Windows 10 desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment in medium to large enterprise organizations.
- Describe the important new features of Windows 10.
- Install Windows 10.
- Configure a device that is running Windows 10.
- Configure network connectivity for a Windows 10 device.
- Manage storage in Windows 10.
- Manage folders and printers.
- Manage apps.
- Manage data security.
- Manage device security.
- Implement Windows 10 features to improve network security.
- Restore files, roll back drivers, and recover Windows 10 devices.
- Monitor and update Windows 10 devices.
- Module 1: Overview of Windows 10
- Module 2: Installing Windows 10
- Module 3: Configuring Your Device
- Module 4: Configuring Network Connectivity
- Module 5: Managing Storage
- Module 7: Managing Apps in Windows 10
- Module 8: Managing Data Security
- Module 9: Managing Device Security
- Module 10: Managing Network Security
- Module 11: Troubleshooting and Recovery
- Module 12: Maintaining Windows 10
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and DNS.
- Knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles, and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Understanding of certificate-based security.
- Understanding of Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016 fundamentals.
- Understanding of Windows client operating system essentials
This course is part one of the two courses needed to prepare for exam 70-697