This fast-paced administration course covers the major aspects of installing, configuring and managing a highly available XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x environment as well as a full Provisioning Services 7.1x environment for image management. You will gain an understanding of the solution architecture and communications, and the factors that contribute to a successful deployment. This accelerated 5-day course is a combination of the CXD-210 and CXD-304 courses and will teach you how to deploy and deliver apps and desktops (MCS and PVS); install and configure StoreFront and Citrix Receiver; set up profile management; configure policies, printing and basic security features. Monitoring and troubleshooting the environment with Citrix Director is also incorporated.
This course is taught at a faster pace and experience with previous versions or preparation with our free eLearning CXD-105 is recommended. It is an appropriate starting point or a refresher on version 7.1x for administrators, engineers, and architects.
This course is currently based on XenApp and XenDesktop 7.13.
P.S.: Students looking to achieve their CCP-V Certification will also need to attend the CXD-303 Course.
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- This course requires little to no previous experience with the 7.x version of the platform; however, Citrix recommends the free eLearning: CXA-105 XenApp and XenDesktop Foundations. Previous knowledge of legacy versions of XenApp or XenDesktop is also beneficial due to the faster pace of this course.
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Install, configure, and manage a highly available XenApp and XenDesktop site
- Deploy and deliver apps and desktops to end users using both Machine Creation Services (MCS) and Provisioning Services (PVS) on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
- Manage the end-user experience through policies and settings including profiles and printing
- Install, configure, and manage a highly available Provisioning Services infrastructure for image management
IT Professionals who need to install, configure, and manage XenApp, XenDesktop, and Provisioning Services.
Recommended as preparation for the following exams:
- CCA-V Certification Exam
- CCP-V Certification Exam – Part Preparation only – will need to attend/study content covered in CXD-303